Saturday, April 28, 2007

the moon


sitting in my friend's backyard today, rocking on her swinging bench lulled me into a nice state of relaxation. i looked up and noticed the moon winking back to me in the afternoon sky. and i had this thought. my former name means goddess of the moon. and in thinking about that, i realized i have always been fascinated by the moon. i think it's beautiful. it is always there kinda keeping an eye out for me. it watches over me. but then i also realized that the moon doesn't have it's own light source. i mean, the sun is a celestial, burning ball of energy and emits a crazy amount of light and energy. but the moon, the beautiful moon, doesn't emit anything. it reflects the light of the sun. it uses what's already there to guide us through the night. also in thinking about it more, and realizing the moon affects all the tides and oceans on earth is a powerful thing for something that doesn't emit energy. just it's presence is necessary to keep the earth on it's access. apparently the earth has a slight wobble that the moon's presence corrects. that's some powerful shit.

No comments: