Sunday, April 22, 2007

hippie-fication

apparently i'm becoming a hippie. what the hell happened??!?!? i thought i was all hard-core. but really i'm a big softie. i am all about nature and alternate 'religions' or schools of thought. i have been reading a lot of buddhist texts and i've been doing pilates. i'm carrying two friggin' stones in my pocket every day. i am trying to only eat organic, healthy foods. although i do have a weak spot for stinky cheeses. it's interesting. i realized that my mom has basically raised me as a buddhist, but we didn't go to temple or do anything super ritualistic. i guess i finally heard her when she was talking about not being 'extreme'. it got me thinking and so i looked into buddhism and it's all about the 'middle way'. i guess that helps to explain why i'm always trying to find some sort of balance in my life.

i'm finding my own way and trying to be 'comfortable' with chaos. i have been trying to put myself into really 'uncomfortable' situations to see what i'm like. it's an interesting personal social experiment.

anyways....yeah.....hippie.....it's happening......

No comments: