Saturday, April 14, 2007

lessons from a 6-year-old

adult: my friend doesn't like me anymore.

6-year-old: call them.

adult: i don't think they want to talk to me.

6-year-old: you should just call them really quick. i'll be quiet. just call them.

adult: no....they are really mad at me and they don't want to talk to me.

6-year-old: you should talk to so-and-so.

adult: yeah, i did.

6-year-old: you should ask so-and-so.

adult: yeah, i've talked to a lot of people and they say i should just forget my friend. do you think they're right?

6-year-old: yea.

adult: well, some people think black power is wrong.

6-year-old: no. it's not.

adult: well, not everyone agrees. there are some people out there who think black power is wrong.

6-year-old: well, that's because they don't think we have anything to offer. but they are wrong. they're liars.

adult: well, i think that i have something to offer my friend, but she doesn't think so. does that make her a liar?

6-year-old: yes.

No comments: